Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cardon Kissing Christ

For a time my Cardon insisted on being lifted up to kiss and hug Jesus goodnight.
Of course this was darling enough to finally take a picture of it, but this visual reminder
has taught me much more.
As a mother I have a responsibility and the priviledge to lift up my children to "see" Christ, and to allow them to feel of His love for them no matter how busy the schedule may seem.
This one thing is the most important of any thing I may choose to do each day.
How often do I neglect to give them the opporunity to savor a moment with the Savior,
to pause and think of Him?....
Even more so now, I wonder of my own relationship with Jesus, The Christ.
Am I insistant on feeling of His presence each day?....
Do I long for Him enough to pause for even just a moment each night or day ?...
If I am to bring others to Christ,
I must first find Him myself.
...and one day I will hug Him
and kiss His feet.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

the pictures are precious. what a darling little boy. thank you for the lesson. i can't believe how neglectful i have been in this regard. thanks so much.

matthawkes said...

Amy what a great person you are. You are such a great sister and mom.

Leslie said...

thank you amy.